<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

a big issue, really (part 1) 

Okay then.

Well, my dear reader, I fear I must break my vow and broach a subject that is most dear to my heart. I did not want to do this rant today. Today has been a rather pleasant day and I do not wish to blow it at the end.

(Hey now. . . Hey now! Ah. . . fuck it. . . to late. . .)

Because this is really a Big Issue for me.

(that's right, capital fucking letters, bee-otch)

If you think for one brief moment my last summer's involvement in the plight of Ms. Tooran got me all freakin' fired up, then please don't get me started on this.

My anger and fear strike me to the bone. It just plain freaks me.

(Yeah, but um. . . how do you really feel?)

Well, not exactly like a million dollars.

And it's not that I'm upset with the legal system. As I understand it, correctly or not, this decision comes down on the side of the Individual, and not the State. That's generally a good thing.

But I mean really. . .

C'mon, it's the freakin' Florida Supreme Court. The last time they were in the news it was because they received what the Old Gaffer fondly referred to as a "righteous bitch-slap", so really now, tell me who's your daddy?

It's all freakin' doctors and other alleged experts involved.

"Schiavo has been in a persistent vegetative state for 14 years after suffering heart failure from a potassium imbalance. Her husband, Michael Schiavo, has been battling her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, over whether his wife should be allowed to die. Michael Schiavo has said that his wife had previously told him that she would not want to be kept alive artificially. Doctors who have testified on his behalf have said she has no hope for recovery. She is fed through a tube but breathes on her own. The Schindlers have maintained that their daughter could be helped with therapy." (emphasis mine).

Kept alive artificially? Because she is fed through a tube? It's artificial to keep someone alive by giving them food?

Bah! if that be true then each night we artificially keep The Boy alive.

Hey! Unless your a freakin' sorry cheap-ass bastard I'll wager dollars to donuts that you, my dear reader, occassionally take your significant other out for a meal.

Well then, cut it the fuck out because you are artificially keeping that special someone alive.

And whoa! Remember when your were thirteen and you fell off the skateboard and smashed your face against the curb by the mailbox and you had your jaw wired shut for six weeks so the bones could heal and you couldn't consume anything unless you could suck it up through a straw?

Your damn parents were most likely helping to keep you artificially alive. The bastards.
_______________

(And that concludes today's rant. . . Coming up next on most of these channels. . . a sneak preview of tomorrow's rant.)

And speaking of bastards, please indulge me while I share my thoughts about this:

Doctors who have testified on his behalf have said she has no hope for recovery..

Yeah, whatever. . . fuck doctors.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com