<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 22, 2004

i'll read the news today, oh boy 

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I like FOX News.

I enjoy their lack of the pretense of objectivity. I find it somewhat refreshing.

C'mon, my dear reader, don't act all shocked and surprised or like you don't agree with me.

I'm sure that you, like me, recall watching many of Reagan's press conferences during the 1980's. It was obvious that Sam Donaldson thought Reagan was a senile old fool or a complete idiot. Wouldn't it have been great if he had just been honest and had the balls to say so?

I'm not one to believe in the conspiracy of the "liberal media". I'm more likely to believe in the conspiracy of the "corporate media". The big-media news networks will first and foremost remain slaves to their corporate masters and will sell out the journalistic ideal of "truth" quicker than it takes to make change for a dollar with a pocket full of quarters if it bolsters the bottom line.

Have you ever seen a story critical of General Electric on NBC? Did ABC News cover the fracas over Disney's rejection of the latest Michael Moore film?

You are deluding yourself if you think that Rupert Murdoch gives half a rat's ass about the politics of his programs or his audience. He is a businessman. And a damn fine one at that. He saw a need. He created and now sells a product to fill that need. That's what successful businessmen do.

Murdoch recognized that right or wrong (it's immaterial which is actually true) there are millions of folks in America who believe in the "liberal bias of the mainstream media". Hell, the head cheerleader for the "conservative" movement in America espouses that view almost daily.
__________

Without rambling on for hours more, which I reserve the right to do in the future. . . my point, I guess, is this. . .

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong


damn hippies.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com