<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 20, 2008

new (old) favorite thing 

Well my dear reader, as my father frequently says, "here I sit with a kid in the cold".

It sounds better in the German dialect he grew up hearing and speaking as a farm kid deep in America's heartland. I'm told it's a proverb about being in a jacked-up situation wondering just what the fuck you're supposed to do.

But anyways. . .

I've recently rediscovered the joys of another son of middle America. I first heard this guy back in the '80's. My then roommate and now fallen brother introduced me to this new (at the time) band that heralded from K.C. Mo.

It's been 20 plus years since I first went downstream and I am still quite proud to consider him an inspiration and count him amongst my favorite artists/songwriters.

So my dear reader, please I beseech thee from the bowels of Christ, praise Bob. Then plug in the headphones, click on a show, turn it up, sit back, close your eyes, and smile.

Bob Walkenhorst

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com